At the Lise Watier Foundation, measuring our impact on the women we help is essential.
A concrete impact on women here
supported since 2017
- 343 women chose the entrepreneurship stream;
- 232 women graduated and received a certificate from Concordia University. They are either in business pre-startup, start-up or already operating;
- 111 women are currently enrolled in the Entrepreneurship stream of the Let’s Start Up Program.
- 226 women have chosen the Employment stream;
- 35 women have received financial aid to pursue post-secondary education. The majority are single mothers;
- 71 companies started.
In 2020-2021, we supported more than 200 women towards financial independence
- 129 new women signed up for the program:
- 117 in entrepreneurship
- 12 have taken steps to return to the workforce
- 70 participants are followed by our entrepreneurship coach for the implementation of their business project
- 6 women received financial aid for their post-secondary studies
- 450 hours of training
- 1151 hours of personalized support
- 14 companies launched
- 3 micro-loans in progress to support the start-up
At the end of the program, the women are convinced they have the capacities and they are fully involved in their professional project.
feel equipped and ready to embark on their professional project.
say the program has had a positive impact on their lives and would recommend the program to other women.
have a better level of confidence in their skills.
- 96 % claim that the program has given them the support they need to define their professional project.
- 100 % acquired new knowledge and developed their skills.
- 68 % have created a new network of contacts.
One year after the end of the Let’s Start Up Program, its positive impact continues to be felt.
At the start of the program, 75% of women were earning less than $25,000 per year.
After just one year,
are in better financial situation.
say the program is still having a positive impact in their life.
still use concepts learned in the program. hard to make themselves felt.