For International Women’s Day, the Lise Watier Foundation launches the 2nd edition of the Believe in her campaign
On March 8, the Lise Watier Foundation will launch the second edition of its Believe in her campaign, which involves 20 ambassadors from the Quebec and Toronto business communities in order to bring the Let’s Start Up program to more women. At a time when one in ten women in Canada lives below the poverty line and 39% of those who work earn less than $20,000 per year, this initiative will concretely allow local women to reveal, activate and develop their professional potential by starting their own business, going back to school or finding a more rewarding job. Since 2017, the Let’s Start Up program has supported more than 700 women towards sustainable financial independence.
“When geese fly, they move in a V formation. This way, they move faster and face the bad weather. They take turns to lead the flock and make sure that they always support those who are injured or sick. They help each other to reach their goal. This solidarity inspired the Let’s Start Up program, because we believe that we too are stronger together,” says Lise Watier, founder of the Lise Watier Foundation.
Leaders were inspired
Touched by the cause and Ms. Watier’s vision of solidarity, the ambassadors quickly answered the call. Most of them have benefited from some form of support at one time or another in their careers, and together they are committed to mobilizing their networks and the public to give back by raising the sum of $100,000.
Here they are:
- Geneviève Biron, Founder and President, Propulia Capital
- Vicky Boudreau, CEO and Founding Partner, bicom
- Sophie Boulanger, CEO & Co-Founder, Bonlook
- Diane Carey, President and Principal Consultant, Carey consultants
- Magaly Charbonneau, Partner, Inovia Capital
- Amy Dietz-Graham, Senior Wealth Advisor & Portfolio Manager, National Bank Financial
- Tania D’Iorio, Manager – Practice Management,National Bank Financial
- Janie Duquette, Author and Founder, Groupe Alma ma terre
- Karine Fournier, Partner, Fasken
- Audrey Gagnon, Partner, Fasken
- Dominique Hamel, Leader, Audit, Quebec Region, and Audit Partner, KPMG
- Stéphanie Lagassé, President & Founder, Agence Brix
- Marta Lapena, Senior Private Banker, National Bank Private Banking 1859
- Annie Lemieux, President, LS4/LSR GesDev inc.
- Sophie Lessard Berger, Partner, Fasken
- Jennifer Plenert, Vice President, Regional Manager, National Bank Financial
- Vita (Vicky) Scalia, CO-CEO and CO-FOUNDER, L’Intervalle
- Marilou Simard, Lawyer, Fasken
- Liane Tabah, 360 Account Director, Quebecor Media
- Kimberly Wood, Senior Wealth Associate, National Bank Financial
An encouragement that pays off
The Let’s Start Up participants have lived through situations of vulnerability and are now putting all their efforts into finding the path to financial independence. To help them believe in themselves and spread their wings, you can write a word of encouragement on https://fondationlisewatier.com/en/support-the-foundation/believe-in-her/encouraging-messages/
In addition, for every message of encouragement, valued partner Epiderma will donate $5 to the Lise Watier Foundation.